The Year in Timberlake
- Played a comeback concert on the eve of the Super Bowl with Jay Z.
- Staged Timberweek with Jimmy Fallon—a five-night run of appearances on Late Night, most of them hilarious, some flat-out brilliant.
- Released his first album in seven years and toured the world to support it.
- Performed at the White House, coaxing the president and first lady into joining him on vocals for a few lines of Otis Redding’s “(Sittin’ on) The Dock of the Bay.”
- Hosted Saturday Night Live for the fifth time—and got an Emmy nomination for it. (“I’m sore,” he tells me, arching his back and grinning. “Really sore. You have to be really flexible to get it done five times.”)
- Reunited with the other members of ‘N Sync at the Video Music Awards.
- Released that second album.
- Starred in Runner Runner (a decision, by the way, that he doesn’t regret).
And that’s not all.